Monday, February 21, 2011

Desmond and his Tutu? Juniper Coals?The City was Skylit? it all went down at Unit 11...

"Durban hasnt seen a jol like Saturdays one in a while" to quote 2Slice from zero31

I shall agree. I shall.

You've all heard me talk about Unit 11  a LOT. Its where I reclaimed my "ping pong championship title"  and where numerous rad bands have played and will continue to do so.  

Let me first start by saying... that I will be the first to admit I made a couple mistakes that night... 
namely :

1) I left before the party REALLY REALLY happened.
2) I wore a blazer.
3) I couldn't tip the car guard because I used up all my change...GUILTY.

Whats the big deal with wearing blazer to a music event? Please....please...I cannot even comprehend the error,and I really cant get into why I had to keep the blazer on. So lets blur right on.

Anyway, we had 3 rocking bands playing there, first up SkyLit City  ,check these boys out, I unfortunately missed out on their action...so I have no pics of them . I APOLOGISE TO YOU on national blogging.

Then we had Coals of Juniper , who I thought rocked. (does my opinion count a lot? )

And last but never least Desmond and the Tutus , who...lets face it...rocked Durbans face off.

Dusty Rich from I art ink was M.C for the night...(did I mention I won a voucher on THE  twitter to get some more ink done...STOKED..but thats for another blog), anyway he was giving away Hruki shirts and Ramsfest tickets...which funnily enough was won by Jonas... you all know Jonas.. my camera loves him. I love the band he belongs to, The La Els, they really are my favourite. 

Like I said, I had to leave (very sadly) after their first song...and I thought the party was at its peak then... it was sweatier than a bakery at 4am...and more crammed than a sardine tin. (Unit 11 you did GOOD).
Anyway so I went home after their first song,feeling pretty darn content... I go home...sleep...wake up...and..

I hear that things peaked liked EXPONENTIALLY after I had gone (the two are not related)... I heard people where dancing in the streets, some girl got thrown a little too hard...(into a light..but she's fine ok..she's fine..I think), Durban Celebs like Bob Perfect (Bob is this your real name?) ,Marty from City Bowl Mizers and 2slice (my homeslice) from zero31 were sitting on the drum kit during the performance and such... Apparently there was crowd surfing to the max?? please people confirm this all to me? So you can imagine how bleak I was to 
1)have missed all this fun-ness and 
2)to have no pictures of the latter. Im still bleak actually.

Anyway I think this little gig has really put my favourite little ping pong hang out ,Unit 11, on the map. (please note there is WAY more than ping pong going on there...) 
PLEASE can you all just be smart and go there....often.Come challenge me to a game of ping pong,I dare you...not.

This post is so long and I did so many link backs I deserve an award.

I love you Durban folk.

Here are only a few pics from the night, cos the rest are going to appear somewhere else. 
If you want to see your face from the night..go here

 Coals of Juniper



Mr Dusty Rich the M.C


I was so stoked Jonas won the tickets that I only photographed half his face,please note 2slice clutching onto Jonas for dear life. (he wanted those tickets)

2Slice,Jonas,Matt the Knight and Bob Perfect (Durban celebs I tell you)


 The crowd-lively bunch




Desmond and the Tutu's










No comments:

Post a Comment